Tuesday, February 23, 2016

............~HOW MY ENEMY BECAME MY BEST FRIEND~............


Do you love or hate journal writing? Maybe your feelings are passive? In junior high school there was a girl named Andrea who I didn't like because she was conceited; she breathed the attitude of being better than everyone else. She was popular and cool. She didn't like me either. I don't remember "why" but we decided we were going to fight each other after school. A bunch of students circled round us. The fight didn't last very long--no bruises nor split lips, nothing serious before the teacher arrived.

"What's going on here?" He demanded. 

Andrea put her arm around my shoulders, "Nothing." She told him. "We're just hanging out." I nodded my head in the affirmative. From that moment on we became best friends. When the group of students saw the fight was over before it even got started there were groans and remarks like that was stupid. That made us laugh. The fight was our catalyst to transform from enemies to best friends. Through the years my journal has been one of my best friends.

If you hate keeping a journal or feel indifferent, click on the "WHY" tab and review the reasons for why keeping a journal is more than just a record. Consider if some those benefits aren't something you want in your life.

JOURNAL PROMPT: Reflect on a time when your opinion about a person changed after you got to know them. Record the reflection in your journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment