Monday, April 4, 2016

WHAT IF THEIR STORY WAS MY STORY?



I often reflect over my life with wonder and gratitude...why was a I so lucky/blessed to be born in a free country to kind loving parents among a smorgasbord of awesome siblings, four sisters and four brothers. In a family that big, we ate a lot of home-made bread, soups, hot cereal, bottled fruits and I even remember powdered milk & water being added to a gallon jug of  milk to help it stretch further. However, we never went without food. Even though we sometimes bickered and life brought our family challenges, we could always depend on the comforts of home, security, full bellies, faith, and lots of love. Yesterday and last weekend, as I listened to stories of people fleeing their homeland, being without food for days, and heard the question "what if their story was my story," I felt an increased desire to reach out and lift up. To do better today than yesterday; to make a difference in the lives of others including my own immediate family.
JOURNAL PROMPT: Start your journal entry with "What if their story was my story..." (Choose someone/something specific.) How would this change you? How does this change how you feel about others?

No comments:

Post a Comment