Saturday, March 5, 2016

.....~THE NEED TO BE RESCUED OR TO RESCUE OTHERS~.....

Julie Rogers Art
Recently I attended a luncheon with the guest speaker Julie Rogers. I was not familiar with her art. When I walked into the room, I was enthralled by the numerous paintings displayed which covered three of the four cultural hall walls. I immediately fell in love with her impressionist style and I longed to know the story of her subjects. One woman sitting at our table thought so many of the paintings were sad, but I saw courage, strength, and faith. My friend saw light. Julie Rogers told us that she has a prolific obsession to document "these people and their stories." One of the things she explained with her choice of art subjects was that Heavenly Father sends rescuers to us because we often need to be rescued or to rescue others. I loved the many stories she shared. On her website, you can read the stories about these selfless courageous pioneers. julierogersart.com

Something that really astonished me was during her introduction her husband said that most of these pictures were painted in her kitchen while dinner was cooking. These pictures are so amazing and while viewing them before the luncheon, I concluded that the artist Julie Rogers must have an incredible art studio. It was a fabulous reality for me to learn otherwise. I was reminded that often times the "remarkable" comes from a common place, we can bloom where we are planted, and we should accept each opportunity of where we are to grow.

Journal Prompt: Write about a time when you were rescued or you rescued another. Contemplate your God-given talents. Are you developing them? Record your thoughts and conclusions.




No comments:

Post a Comment